Immunization and Health Exam Update
Recent direction given by the Illinois State Board of Education specifies that students who have not completed their health examination or immunization requirements may be provided e-learning or remote instruction, provided instruction is solely by remote means and he/she does not have a physical presence on school grounds (either before, during or after school). All records need to be on file with your school by October 15, 2020 or students will be excluded from school for in-person learning and on-site activities at school.
The following students will not be excluded:
• Students participating in remote learningâ€”
• Students who qualify for assistance under the McKinney-Vento Actâ€”
• Students who are on a schedule for immunization administration due to required IDPH spacing between immunizationsâ€” there must be a confirmed appointment on file.
• Students who have a confirmed appointment with the primary care provider on or before 10-30-20.
• Students whose immunization records have been sent to IDPH for a ruling.
Students who have a “physical presence” on school property during the school day and/or before or after school will be excluded if their records are non-compliant. This includes students in before or after school programs and/or athletics. These students may continue to participate via remote learning until records reflect compliance with the mandates.
Check with your health care provider to see if they have the mandated Illinois forms. Otherwise, they are provided for your reference on this site.