The easiest way to help the PTA earn money for our programs is to support the Box Tops for Education program - The Box Tops for Education program pays cash for the labels we submit during the school year. The money we earn helps to pay for PTA programs. It’s a great way to earn cash for your school from products that you are already using. You’ll find these labels on products such as Cheerios, Betty Crocker and Ziploc.
How to Submit:
· Please clip your Box Tops labels and bundle into groups of 50
- Send them to school in an envelope or plastic bag with your child’s name and classroom marked clearly on the outside
- Awards will be sent home at the end of each collection period in October and March
Have any time at all - Volunteer! There is a great need for volunteers not only during school hours, but also work that can be done from home on nights and weekends. No matter your skill set or interest, we have a role for you to fill in supporting our school. Please review this short list and contact us with any questions, comments or sign-ups!
· Box Tops for Education - The Box Top volunteer(s) will collect the Box Tops from school, organize, and complete the submission process. This is a great way for working parents to help support the PTA!
· Bulletin Board and Facebook: - Volunteers are needed to assist in adding information to the Longwood Facebook page. This is a great position to do from home! We also need volunteer(s) to maintain the PTA bulletin board at Longwood. Great for someone creative!
· Curriculum Parties/Room Parents - As with most of what we do, this is a team effort. This is a great opportunity for parents who can spend just one afternoon at school and those who can spend more time in school working with teachers. Head Room parents will plan 2 classroom parties a year, in collaboration with the classroom teachers, which will reinforce what the students are learning.
· Fall Family Fun Night - The Fall Family Fun Night is the last Friday in October. The team will help to organize volunteers, set up the games, decorate the gym, and coordinate the concessions.
· Fall Fundraiser - The team will complete registration, promote fundraiser, handle incoming funds, and work with the company to ensure this is a successful fundraiser.
· Family Movie Night - Family Movie Night is in January or February. The team for movie night will select the movie, obtain licensing, purchase raffle prizes, and help to find volunteers to make popcorn and hand out snacks.
· Family Restaurant Nights - The team for Family Restaurant Nights will help to set up and oversee monthly restaurant nights.
· Field Day - The Field Day team assists the Longwood staff members with this all day outdoor fitness activity at the end of the school year.
· Fifth Grade Event - The team for the 5th grade end of the year event will plan and organize the annual trip for the 5th graders to Rush Copley for a morning of fun and will coordinate lunch for them back at school.
· IPPC Indian Prairie Parent’s Council - The Indian Prairie Parent’s Council representative(s) will attend monthly meetings (Thursday mornings once a month) and share the information with the Longwood PTA.
· Indian Prairie Special Needs PTA Rep - The IPSN PTA representative(s) will attend the IPSN meetings (2nd Tuesday evening, every other month). The representative will share the information from this meeting with the Longwood PTA.
· Kids Night Out - Kids Night Out will be held at American Gymnastics on the first Saturday in December. The team will be responsible for sending out a flyer, keeping track of those who have registered, and being present at American Gymnastics on the night of the event to sign children in and out.
· Loaves and Fishes - The Loaves and Fishes volunteer(s) will work with the student council to host the food drive at Longwood. This includes purchasing the paper bags, distributing material, and assisting in the food pickup.
· Picture Day - Picture day volunteer(s) will assist in ensuring the Fall and/or Spring picture days go smoothly.
· Longwood 5K “Run with the Lions” - This is an incredible event that takes a lot of volunteers to make it an unforgettable day. A team of volunteers is needed to coordinate the 5K including sponsorship, food, silent auction, volunteer coordinator, advertising, and many more.
· Project Arrow PTA Representative - The Project Arrow Representative(s) will attend monthly Project Arrow PTA meetings and share the information from this meeting with the Longwood PTA members.
· Red Ribbon Week - The team for Red Ribbon Week will help to assist Staff and Student Council in the planning of Drug Education Awareness week in late October.
· National PTA Reflections - The Reflections volunteer(s) will represent Longwood with the IPPC committee, distribute information, collect submissions from Longwood students, and submit qualified submissions to the IPPC committee.
· Spirit Wear - The team for Spirit Wear will help select, order, and sell school t-shirts and other spirit gear at school functions.
· Sunshine Committee - The Sunshine Committee coordinates meals for the teachers during Conference times in November and February by organizing a theme/plan for the meals, asking for volunteers to bring in food, and coordinating set-up and clean up. The Sunshine Committee also plans and carries out a special week for the Staff at Longwood during Teacher Appreciation Week in May.
· Year Book Team - The Year Book team will take pictures at various Longwood events and organize them for the yearbook. This could be a great team opportunity – we could have multiple picture takers and then one or more organizing the year book from home.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Charmagne Kaushal & Kathi Wieringa
Longwood PTA Co-Presidents