WHAT IS THE PTA?
Longwood PTA is the local unit of the National Parent Teacher Association. We are a membership organization open to parents/guardians, teachers, relatives, and community members who support the PTA Mission:
- A powerful voice for all children
- A resource for families, teachers, and communities
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
WHAT DOES PTA DO?
Longwood PTA organizes and funds activities and programs that benefit all Longwood students and families, such as:
Back to School Party … Spiritgear… "Reflections" Art Contest… Red Ribbon Week (Drug Awareness Week) … Family Fun Nights … 5th Grade Event Party…Classroom Parties… Student Directory… Family Restaurant Nights… Field Day… Assembly Sponsorship… Class Field Trips, and more!
WHY JOIN THE LONGWOOD PTA?
- It Will Benefit Your Child: Research shows that regardless of income, background, or time constraints, when parents are involved at school students are more likely to earn higher grades, enroll in higher-level programs, attend school regularly, have better social skills, graduate, and go on college.
- Meet New People: Get connected with parents, teachers, and staff. Find out what’s going on at school!
- Communication: PTA promotes positive communication between parents and the school for understanding and effective change.
- Help Our School: Let your gifts and talents shine. Each of us has good ideas and unique abilities, so share yours!
- Information: PTA members receive a free Longwood Student Directory (distributed Autumn) - a great way to get to know other parents, send birthday invitations, and arrange play dates. You will also receive regular email news about PTA activities, community events, and PTA parenting resources.
- · Have A Voice: Only members are eligible to vote on PTA programs and business decisions – let your voice be heard!
You can learn more about the PTA as a national and state organization at www.pta.org
Join Us Today! Download a membership form for the 2016-2017 school year here:
Thank you for supporting our children and our school!
Charmagne Kaushal and Kathi Wieringa
2016-2017 Longwood PTA Co-Presidents