Activities at Longwood
Intramural and other activities are offered to intermediate Longwood students. The specific intramurals offered vary from year to year. Stay tuned for the activities that will be occurring during the school year!
- Safety Patrol
- Student Council
- Running Club
- Club Invention
- Club Creation
- Book Fairs
- Fine Arts Festival
- Spirit Days and Assemblies
- Field Day
- Curriculum Parties by Grade Level
- New Family Orientation
- 2nd Grade Concert
- 4th and 5th Grade Concert
- Family Math Night
- Family Science Night
- Red Ribbon Week
- Volunteer Appreciation
- One Book One School
- College Week
Watch for more information sent home throughout the school year.
* Activities and scheduling at Longwood are subject to change and are dependent on a number of factors.
The Longwood Safety Patrol was formed during the 2008-2009 school year to assist staff with monitoring students during arrival, to reinforce school expectations, and to help make Longwood safer. Patrol members are recommended by their teachers, need to meet specific criteria and keep in good standing, and participate with approval from their parents.
The Longwood Safety Patrol Pledge:
I Pledge to:
· Be safe, be responsible and be respectful
· Report for duty on time and stay at my station
· Perform my duties faithfully, honestly, and fairly
· Take my school work seriously and do well in school
· Give high fives to students who deserve them for good behavior
· Have no behavior referrals to the office
· Set a positive example for all other students at Longwood
· Report safety concerns and inappropriate behavior to adults
· Keep my patrol belt in good condition and wear appropriately
· Seek assistance and help from each other and adults as needed
There are currently 21 patrollers serving in two teams. Two student leaders have been selected to lead their teams. They have shown promising leadership qualities and have leadership duties. All patrollers serve as positive role models for all Longwood students.